Thursday, April 4, 2013


Nater's Healthy Scanty Shrimp Scampi

Ahoy!  This recipe takes five measly minutes prep time and scaled back to 4 ingredients, but sure to make a splash!  Summer is around the corner and thusly, so are our scantily-clad swimsuits ;)  I am currently cutting myself and wanted to pass this awesome recipe of mine onto you!  Shrimp is high in protein and naturally low in fat... naturally.  Ariel befriends only those that love to flash their scales and boast low body fat, because darling it hotter down in thee water – take it from me.  Side note: If you happen to sing like a French chef in the bowels of the ship as you prepare this dish, just know that I'm singing right along with ya – Sacrébleu!!


Above photo is after I plated, the smell is so, dare I say... titillating ;)  I paired my scanty scampi here with pineapple and blackberries for a light lunch.

Here's what you need if you wanna play:

Shrimp, Jumbo or Large (1 Pound)
Italian Dressing Powder (1 packet of dry mix)
Lemon (One yeller one)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil -or- Coconut Oil (1/3 cup, about 5 tablespoons)

Put two tablespoons of oil in the bottom of a small square dish, either 8x8 or 9x9 inch dish.  (Easily double this recipe in a cookie sheet with a lip around edge).  Then add one pound of shrimp, must lay flat in a single layer, as one mustn't stack ones shrimps.  (I buy fresh shrimp and peel and de-vain myself to cut cost, but they're also available frozen ready to go).  DriZZle the other three tablespoons evenly over the shrimp and sprinkle the entire packet of the dry Italian Dressing mix evenly over the shrimp.  If the oil doesn't submerge the bottoms of the shrimp, add up to two tablespoons of water.  (Ursula would suggest you replace the oil with a cube of better, also delicious).  Then slice and lemon into thin half circles and lay over top, I save 1/3 for garnish.  


Above photo is before baking prior to placing in oven.  I leave tails on so I can eat with my hands, as I don't always have my dinglehopper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and... Voilà!!

Makes two generous mer-folk portions, which I usually eat both, as would King Triton I assure you.   Letting most oil drain, one portion is 240 Calories, 2 grams (healthy) fat, 2 grams carbs, and 31 sexy grams of protein! 

**This recipe is only for some amaze balls shrimp scampi, I paired with some fruit in my pics, but you can top on brown rice or whole wheat linguine noodles, using the remaining sauce in the pan (those calories are sold separately)

Now scroll down and see my other awesome recipes, and follow my blog for more delectable ensembles in the next coming weeks, before I have to nail your fins to de floor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Health and Fitness and Weight Loss - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by Blogger · Powered by Blogger